Friday, October 2, 2009

Initial Reaction

Week 1

AHHHHHHH!!! Was all I could think about sitting in that class room on the first day of Intro to lit. Stating that this class is a little unorthodox is an understatement. Professor Bolduc-Simpson (not what I expected by the way) jumped right into getting to know us and making sure we knew each other. She also made it very clear that over the course of the semester we would become very familiar with technology and how to use it. I thought to myself…..ohhh boy I will surly fail this class.

What did I learn?

Fist week, I quickly found out I needed a “study buddy” for this class. The only difference was that it instead of finding a study buddy, it was more of a lets get together to do assignments because we have no idea what is going on buddy!!

What did I do?

First day of class we were put into alphabetical order… it just so happened that the girl next to me (Erica Renisoff) was just as helpless when it came to technology as I was, maybe even worse. I figured two helpless people are better than one helpless person.
I believe that the 1st week one of the objectives were to familiarize yourself with at least 5 classmates. At the end of the class I had 2 phone numbers, not quite 5 but I told myself I would eventually get there.

How did I feel about what I learned, what I did and how I felt about what I learned and did?

I was most defiantly overwhelmed! I went into class thinking it would be like every other BS writing class I’ve taken. I hate writing and I hate reading when it comes to completing the GRW prerequisites for college. But within the next week I learned this lit class will be nothing like the classes I’ve taken in the past. I knew I would have to work hard to get the grades I wanted and that Bolduc-Simpson wasn’t gonna take crap from any one… especially mike Mcginn, poor guy. I just told myself I need to do what I’m asked and do it to the best of my abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment