Friday, October 2, 2009

The Theme Of My Life Is LIT!

Week 3


Learning about theme+ rough drafts + bio test = the death of me! Week three oh boy where to start…. guess we will start with learning about theme “The Red Convertible” I actually enjoyed reading this passage. I could really relate to it because my cousin went to war and when he came back he wasn’t the same. My rough draft was not pretty; hopefully my next paper will turn out a little better, and I won’t have to rewrite it 20 times=/

What did I learn?

Well where to start… mainly I learned the most when it came to composing a paper and following directions. Since the Wednesday was when our first draft was due I decided to do it early because I had a HUGE bio test to study for the day before. So the day we got the assignment I started my paper. When I first read the assignment I thought, great I can write it on my grandfather and his life’s work as a trauma surgeon. Then I over analyzed what the assignment was looking for and changed my topic to Clara Barton after I wrote my outline and everything. Moral of the story is… once again READ CAREFULLY!!!

What did I do?

Where to start with this week! After I wrote my outline I realized I did the assignment wrong, so I thought when in actuality I could have just written about my grandpa. So what I ended up doing was changing my topic to Clara Barton. Then I proceeded to research her life’s story, and compose a research paper that was pretty much like a detailed time line. Once I had completed my entire paper in one night I then received an email a few days later from professor Bolduc-Simpson letting me know that she loved my idea BUT….. I needed to choose one of Clara’s stories and create a paper that had a creative plot with rising, falling action, climax, and resolution; my paper lacked all of these elements. I didn’t have time to revise it before the due date, did I mention I forgot to complete the self assessment. Needless to say my grade on my rough draft was not so hot…

How did I feel about what I learned, what I did and how I felt about what I learned and did?

This week I felt miserable that I literally did not do anything right! I was so worn out from the previous weekends study session (for my bio exam) I was unable to comprehend any sort of written directions. Next time around I will defiantly ask if I am unsure of anything and wait for verbal instructions if I don’t understand something before trying to get it out of the way. I need to schedule my time better so I don’t feel pressured to complete an assignment. I thought that by getting it done early would give me extra time to fix any mistakes, but really it in the end screwed me over.

1 comment:

  1. And don't forget to post things in the Anything Else Cafe. You are doing really well, you over achiever...hang in there...love your pics!!

    ReplyDelete