Saturday, October 3, 2009

Yes! Class Is Cancelled

Week 6

“Dear Literary Laureates, Class on Monday 9/28 will be cancelled”

YEAAAHHH! Boy no class Monday!!!
Ohhhh wait…Bolduc-Simpson would never let us off the hook that easy. I believe it was Tuesday morning I was just getting out of my bio class and I got a text from Erica Renisoff saying “ Did you get the e-mail professor, be prepared it is over whelming” I thought to myself oh no what next. Week 6 the week of assignments out the ying-yang!!! Hey at least I was prepared to the e-mail for poor Erica it was like she was hit by a truck… even worse mike never got the e-mail hahah! So when I facebooked him to meet up with some of our classmates for our online class session he was like “what the heck is going on!!!!!!”

What did I learn?

Where to begin. ……Pages 421-451 had a lot of useful information, there was a whole bunch of stuff on language of poetry, figurative language, allegory & symbol, tone of voice, repetition, sounds & schemes, meter & rhythm, free verse & open form, stanza forms, fixed forms and literary history and poetic conventions. Whoooohw that was a mouth full! Needless to say it helped with the online session that was held instead of class. It was very helpful to be able to read other responses to poems, as I stated before sometimes I don’t quite get what is going on. My group leader was awesome! Krista Hinton lead group 2 and helped create some questions that I think everyone wanted answered. It was great to be able to read others answers in comparison to your own. You learn a lot about your classmates when you are continuously subjected to their writing.

What did I do?

When I got home that day to read my e-mails I freaked out, as did everyone else I’m sure. I started looking at my schedule and organizing my time because I was notified that I would be teaching the class on the 12th of October and I would have to have my lesson plan completed by the 5th. Now I understood Erica’s reaction. For me stress makes me more productive so I downloaded the T.A. for the day materials and started to brain storm ideas for the project. I came up with a few good ones but I don’t want to spoil it now you will just have to wait for class on the 12th! ;) I’ll only say we tried to make learning about “An Enemy of the People” as fun and funny as possible.

How did I feel about what I learned, what I did and how I felt about what I learned and did?

Time to discuss the gem for the week! Relax, organize, get stuff done, ask questions if unsure. At the beginning of the week I was pretty overwhelmed but as the weekend drew near the stress levels went down. I figure class could be worse….. it could be some old mean grumpy lady making our lives miserable. I consider myself lucky that we have a teacher that takes so much time out of her day to make sure her assignments are clear and responds to e-mails as quickly as possible. I’ve been in classes where I never even spoke to the professor once. Yall are probable thinking to yourself COOL! Sign me up…..but let me tell ya it’s not that great. At the end of the day I finished my assignments to the best of my abilities with the instructions I was given and I can only hope it meets the criteria.

No comments:

Post a Comment