Friday, October 2, 2009

Starting To Figure Things Out

Week 2

So everything we need to know is nicely organized in Angel, this makes it real easy to know what is expected for class each week. Even though I am still pretty frazzled with all of my new classes and with trying to get into a good rhythm I am starting to figure out how everything works. Lets just say my first experience with the Vokie was quite comical.

What did I learn?

It didn’t take much time for me to realize in order to understand everything in Bolduc-Simpsons presentations via Vokie I needed to watch them more than one time, jotting down new things every time I listened. Also I learned that week in class a very important lesson. READ CAREFULLY!!! If you don’t read carefully you can’t pass the in class quizzes. I learned how to characterize a passage characters. “Died and gone to Vegas” supplied a variety of character that supported our assigned reading for that week. My favorite was Raynelle she seemed to be the “boss woman” of the oiler when it came to playing cards she knew it all.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAtD2Y6zTAI&feature=player_embedded

What did I do?

Week 2… missed one of the readings OOPPSS! “The tale of the Wife of Bath” totally forgot to read that passage for class. It just slipped my mind I printed it out and everything and just completely forgot about it. Forum 2 was fun, and easy. Professor gave the class a choice of assignments between a wordle and I think a paragraph summary on “how to tell a true war story.” Funny thing is not one person picked the paragraph over the wordle hahah! Kids and their work ethics today it amuses me how we all think the same even though we may be VERY different in other ways.

How did I feel about what I learned, what I did and how I felt about what I learned and did?

Hmmm what did I learn? I think it was that if you give kids a choice they will always take the easy way out. But don’t get me wrong I enjoyed the break. Most of the time teachers never have leeway built into a lesson. Assignments are always work! work! work! and no fun. In the event that a professor would happen to give an “enjoyable assignment” calls for a celebration! This class is definitely work but lots of fun. I hope I haven’t spoken to soon=)

1 comment:

  1. You know about the work part by now, huh, Emily?? Sometimes when you are doing work you enjoy, it seems like fun???

    ReplyDelete